Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall




The best way to get even is to forget.
-Mrs. Miracle


My Paulsen family is having a hard time and I think this quote is a good one for us to remember.

The tongue must be heavy indeed,for so few people can hold it.

To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner was you.





I love fall. I just want to be outside all the time. I don't want things to change without me getting to watch. At this time of year especially I just think: How could people not believe that a God who loves us so much made this to warm our heart before the long chill of winter. I know that God made this beautiful world. I feel his spirit with me when I see the wonders he has created. Farmor, My Great, would often sing in her shaky Swedish voice,

"O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,Thy power throughout the universe displayed!
Chorus: Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art.Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
When thru the woods and forest glades I wander And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.
Chorus: Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art.Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,Sent Him to die, I scare can take it in.That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,He bled and died to take away my sin!
Chorus: Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art.Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.Then I shall bow in humble adoration And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!
Chorus: Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art.Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art!"


She never made it all the way thru the song singing for to many tears. She passed that on also. I can't even write about it.

2 comments:

Märta Harr said...

I sure love her! We are so blessed to understand the majesty of His creations, as a love note to us! We witnessed one of the most beautiful sunrises on Friday morning while on our run. I sang that song, and had to stop and just watch for the intense moments of beautiful pinks, orange, purple, and blue and then brilliant yellow/orange! He is so amazing and loves us so much! He also gave us Farmor! I love her so much! Thank you Farmor for showering us with reminders of what is most important! We love you and miss you!

I love you Heidi!

happystill said...

I Love you. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful world.