Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Regional Conference

A successful marriage is not finding the right person, its being the right person.

We had an awesome conference.

There was another good better best talk. Story: This man brought home a carving of Jesus holding out his hand in from of him. His daughter came into his office and said "Dad, Jesus says to Slow Down." This is so true. We need to have time to be there for our kids, husbands and to stop to let the holy ghost talk to us.

Pres Packer said:
My grand daughter and her brother were out playing. Her brother was making a trap to catch birds. She told her brother that trap will never catch on bird. She went inside and prayed that the trap would not work and then came outside and kicked the trap to pieces.

That is how we should be. We should have faith and ask for help and then do all that we can do.

He said another story about an older couple that he had seen some where and had asked his friend if they were strong in the church. The friend to him "No." Then he asked if they were strong in the Gospel, and the friend said "Yes." We should be more worried about living the gospel. The spirit of the Law not the Letter.


He then said that he was sending his son and his family far away off to school. He told his son with tears in his eyes to go and find his kids a grandpa. He then said that we should value the older people and seek them out. That we should not hire a professional for an opp ion, but ask an older and wiser neighbor for advise. Love this. Miss you Farmor. I love Dorthy German. I want to be better at this. I love being with the wise loving women that I can learn better how to love unconditionally from their example.




Some marrages are made in heaven, but they have to be maintained on earth.
- Mrs Miracle

The prophet President Hinkley spoke also. He talked about marriage.

I took what he said to say: "Heidi, you have a great marriage. Dave is so good to you. He supports you in your desires and helps you achieve what you believe you should. Do not be a complainer. Be grateful. Cultivate your talents for they will enrich your family.

The church has not come out and said how many children you should have. This is between the Lord and you. It is very private and we should not judge each other over this. That was great to hear. It is funny both, Marta with 7, and I with 1, feel very judged by our Mormon peers on this one.

It was a great conference. Loved it.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing this post. I wish I could have been there, but I got some great advice at of your blog summary.

Amazed said...

I loved finding you (ha! loved "your" halloween picture on my blog? Are you my twin? This was a great conference but I didn't get to hear Sunday because I was sick. Sat. was awesome. I heart Dorothy Jerman as well. I REALLY admire her and listen to her words as well. You're an awesome lady. Every time I see you you're smiling!