
"I had a bummer of a day," Seth said to me just now. "All because of three things, You got off the phone and looked at me mean, I couldn't find you and (Drum roll please) someone made fun of my patch." I ask, a little kid? "No someone bigger than you," he said. They said to other "big people" "Look at that kid in the patch," and then they laughed.
Wow, we are having some big learning days around here. I think...
Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass. The Princes Bride (Vizzini)
I think we are going to get stronger. Its amazing that sometimes as adults we say or do things we forget and they hurt someone else for a long time.
Westley: "To the pain," means the first thing you lose will be your feet below the ankles, then your hands at the wrists, next your nose.
Prince Humperdinck: And, then my tongue I suppose. I killed you too quickly the last time; a mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.
Westley: I wasn't finished. The next thing you lose will be your left eye, followed by the right . . .
Prince Humperdinck: And, then my ears, I understand. Let's get on with it.
Westley: Wrong! Your ears you keep, and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish, every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out: "Dear God, what is that thing?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what "to the pain" means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery, forever. The Princess Bride
3 comments:
Do you think a grown-up really laughed at him? That is heartbreaking! And that you bring up Princess Bride- hysterical!
Heidi,
Today's RS was about Gratitude. They asked us to think of someone who is truely happy. Guess who I thought of? You and Farmor! You are always so happy! Don't let this get you down! Seth is a handsome, strong young man who was sent from the Presence of GOD to this earth! He is full of energy and love, and easily extends his love and acceptance to others.
I learned a long time ago that we are given trials to learn something. Help Seth.
Today in RS I shared how wonderful it is to connect to each other's hearts as we record events where the Hand of God touched our lives. Thank you for introducing and encouraging us to blog. I am grateful to know that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me, and blesses me and my family daily! He knows Seth's needs, strengths, and capacities!
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9
Seth and Heidi and I had a most wonderful bike ride today. Seth with his patch on seemed to joy in driving wiggley down the trail. Heidi and I tried to stay out of his way . It was a wonderful ride together. Seth really needs you close right now Heidi. He runs and plays like a go-getter kid but he wants to know his mom is close.
It is always amazing how your heart as his mother hurts when he hurts and feels with joy sharing in his joy.And somehow we are required in life to feel both.
I'm sure you could just quote Princess Bride from memory we have love that show. It makes me laugh because I know the good guys win. Love wins.
I love you Heidi.
I love Seth.
I Love Dave too.
Post a Comment