Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Final 5 interview

“You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.”
Abraham Lincoln


This is it. The end. He will never be five again. I told him when he got up. He better do his favorite things, he will never be five again.

Here is his final 5 Interview.

What is the best thing about being Five? "You don't grow up so fast"
What is your favorite thing to do as a five year old? "Swim"
What is your favorite food? "Meat, Mac and cheese"
Who are your best friends? "Three of you (points to dave and I and then points up to heaven, meaning Jesus)"
What is your favorite color? "Blue"
Who is your all time favorite teacher? "Mrs. Oakeson"
Who is your favorite friend at school? "Dallen" (Stuart)
Who is your favorite girl friend? "You got me there (Heehee) Niomi" (Naomi Kehl)
What do you want to be when you grow up? "Painter"
How many kids will you have? "2, cause"
What do you think heaven looks like? “White”
What does Dad do at work? “lays down tile”
Who is a person you know that seems the most like Jesus? “That lives down here? You two”
What do you think your wife will be like? “That’s a hard one, I’ll put a NO on that one... Cute”
If you were going to spend one year on a desert island and could only take three things with you, what would they be? “Cup, a lot of food, a mattress”
Who is your favorite uncle and why do you like him so much? “Cliff, cause he likes me”
What sounds and smells do you think Joseph and Mary had in the stable on Christmas night? “Shoot… Clean, No sounds”
What is the nicest thing I ever did for you? “took me to Toys R Us”
When is a time that I hurt your feelings? “Today when you wouldn’t let me get a drink”
If people Chose the right, what are some we wouldn't need? “Toys”
If you could be in a movie that you've seen, which one would it be, what character would you play? “Rattittoi, I would be Remi”
How is love at our house different than love in the movies? “The Gospel”
What is the difference between being smart and being wise? “Smart is you know a lot of things. Wise means your being nice to other people”
What is your favorite outfit? “Pajamas”
What is the hardest part about being 5? “You got me on that one, I’ll put a NO on that”
What is your favorite memory? “To much things…Going to the ice skate place, going bowling, going to Cabelas”
When you pray, how do you picture God? “Happy”
What is your favorite Scripture Story? “Nephi broke his bow.” Why do you like it? Because he tried, I like to try too.”
If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be? “Turtle, cause then I wouldn’t have to eat your kind of supper.”
If you could go in a time machine, what would you like to visit? “I’ld like to see my Great Great Grandpa… My Viking Grandpa” (Paul I Paulsen)
What is the most important choice you will ever make? “Choose the Right”


This was so much fun. Wish I had it on video. I will miss my five year old. But I bet I will love six too.

2 comments:

Amazed said...

One of my favorite interviews was with Travis when he was five. I asked him the yuckiest thing he had ever eaten and he said, "fish eyeballs!" Yah, like I fixed fish eyeballs a lot! Your whole life changes at 6 so I'm glad you captured Seth's at 5! You're awesome!

Märta Harr said...

You are SUCH a good Mom! Thanks for your example! Seth is such a lucky little man to belong to you!

What a fun memory this will be in years to come! I'll try to follow your good example. Once again, thanks for teaching me!